Sunday, July 22, 2012

Chicago and other fun...

We have had an amazing summer.. With trips to Chicago, two trips to Florence, and a week at the beach..
Who can complain? 

Back in June, we headed up North to Chicago for a weekend. Chicago is only around 3 hours from our house and we have been twice.. We really love the city but we have gone both time with kids. We love our children but we really wan to go back without our kids. Ya feel me? :) We hope to squeeze another trip up there soon. 

When Emily said that her and John were heading to Chicago in June, we decided to head up and join them. You know, just want you want.. Sneaking away for a trip without  your kids, and your friends show up with their kids! :)

We met them for dinner at Navy Pier and spent the evening walking around enjoying the town. We had a great time!


 This picture makes me laugh. It looks like John and Chad are a couple. 


 The best family photo we could get. 




 We hit the "Chicago Beach" Parker thought it was great. It's actually Lake Michigan. 


 Who's that stud on the beach??

 We headed to the Hancock Building for the view but we did not want to pay the LARGE price to go to the viewing deck.. Emily and John gave us a great tip.. This is the view from the women's restaurant on the 95th floor. Amazing..
 We did LOTS of walking... Of course we had to stop for a cupcake break!





 We also went to the Chicago zoo.. (not the free one in the city but the one right outside the city.) 

I totally under estimated the size. Holy cow, that place is huge! It was actually too much for us to handle with two small kids. The heat was oppressive, but we had a nice day. We probably didn't even make it through half the zoo before it was time to go. 

I was super careful to not forget anything while packing for the trip. I went over the list in my head a million times.. We drove up on Saturday morning to the zoo, I nursed Preston in the car before we go in. I check and re check the diaper bag... we big the forever walk from the parking lot to actually just get into the zoo. I then make the horrible discovery.. 

WE FORGOT A PASSY! It was still in his car seat. You couldn't leave the zoo and re-enter... I had a mini panic attack but we pressed on. Preston took it like a champ. Now, don't get me wrong, the day would have been MUCH better with the passy, but we all survived. 

That's a mistake I won't make again!




I love being able to visit places around Indiana that we would have never visited otherwise.. 

No comments: