Thursday, March 8, 2012

Meet our Preston Allen Greenhaw




We welcomed our precious baby boy, Preston Allen Greenhaw, into the world Friday, March 2nd at 3:29 p.m. He weighed 7 pounds and 7 ounces and was 20 inches long.

We are so grateful to have experienced a wonderful (and relatively easy) birth. My body didn't handle Parker's delivery very well so I was really nervous that some of the same issues would arise again. Thankfully, the Lord heard my cried and answered with a simple, beautiful delivery (that I am able to remember this time.)

We had to be at the hospital at 5 a.m. and they were able to start my pitocin pretty quickly. I was 2 cm when I arrived that morning and my body responded well to the meds. I went from 7 cm to 10 very quickly and I can say that was the most painful part of the delivery. I had an epidural but I was still in a lot of pain during this part. (Sure am glad that is over :) They let me labor down, which basically means to just let your body do alot of the work before you start pushing.

I was finally able to start pushing at 3. I was so nervous because I pushed for over 2 hours with Parker and it was very difficult. This little guy decided to be easy on me and I only pushed for about 20-25 minutes.

He is such a sweet baby of course I know things can change.. He is only 6 days old! He rarely cries and he's sleeping for 3 hour chunks in the night! Nursing has been easy with him because he is such a good eater.

He weighed 7 lbs 7 oz at birth. He lost down to 7 pounds 1 oz on Sunday when we left the hospital. We went for a weight check on Tuesday and he had already gained back above his birth weight to 7 pounds 11 ounces. The doctor was so impressed!


The morning of the induction... The final weight gain... 38 pounds...


Welcome Preston!!

Our first photo with Preston..


Proud grandparents!


My sweet baby boys!





Heading home from the hospital!

1 comment:

Stephanie Trapp said...

Congrats Julie! So glad everything went well. He's adorable!