Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Celebration Continues...


The birthday celebration continues! We began celebrating Parker's birthday two weeks ago when we were home for Thanksgiving. I LOVE birthday's (well not really my own anymore). It is such a fun reminder of how blessed we are to have Parker in our lives. I am reminded daily that we could still be sitting in waiting rooms every few days praying for good news with the doctor. I will never forget the day that the nurse told me that I had some of the "worst looking" ovaries that she had seen. That's NOT what you want to hear from someone who does that everyday! What a great God we have to answer prayers and give us our MIRACLE baby! (with another miracle on the way!)

Back to the celebrating! It started Friday night. We headed to downtown Indianapolis to eat and take a carriage ride. Parker LOVED it! It was chilly but it was so sweet to see our great new town with all the pretty Christmas lights!



Saturday morning was finally the day! It was December the "fird" and Parker was finally "free!" (3) He had his party during Thanksgiving break so he opened most of his presents that night but I saved one for his real birthday!

It's a really cute game! I suggest it to all toddlers. It's called Pirate Pop Up. He loves pirates now since we watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates in the morning.



Of course I fixed a big breakfast of cinnamon rolls! :) We sang Happy Birthday with 3 candles! PLease notice his morning hair. If you see Parker out and think that I don't brush his hair, I DO! It takes tons of water and brushing to get it to look decent. Now I have proof from where I start from each morning! The kid literally does flips in his sleep!



The celebrating continued that day as we headed back downtown for the circus. Parker LOVED it! I didn't really get any good pictures but here is one.

Enjoying the circus with daddy!



Today we headed to the mall to share our Christmas wish list with Santa. All Parker asked for is a Buzz Castle. (We are hoping that Santa knows what Parker is talking about!) We also had to tell Santa that he would need to find us in Alabama on Christmas morning because we are spending the night at Mimi's and Poppy's house!




I have done a terrible job of documenting the pregnancy with pictures so I forced myself to take a few today. I am 26.5 weeks now. I feel so much bigger this time that I did with Parker.



Parker is really starting to get excited about being a big brother. Little Brother still doesn't have a name but we have narrowed it down to a few. Parker's picks are Lightning McQueen or Sarge. :) We better decide before we have to go with those!



We are having so much fun with Christmas this year! Parker is at such a fun age for getting excited with the Christmas spirit! We are staying home tomorrow to do Christmas crafts! My dream day!

3 comments:

Melodie said...

Love catching up! Hope he had a great birthday. I slipped up on sending you a message to tell him Happy Birthday. I am still pulling for Sarge. You are precious prego and I hope you will continue to take tons of pics. You will want those one day! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Stephanie Trapp said...

How fun! I love the birthday candles in the cinnamon roll. Such a cute idea. Both of my kiddos could eat their weight in cinnamon rolls. They ask for them almost every morning.

By the way, you look amazing! So happy for you and your sweet family!

The Penter Family said...

I think Lightning McQueen is a great name for Little Brother! Go with that one!