Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Why I miss teaching...

I have no doubt that I am doing exactly what God wants me to be doing right now in my life which is stay home with my sweet Parker. I love being the one who is there when he wakes up in the morning, fixing his breakfast, and just spending the day together. We spend so much time together now that I can't imagine not being with him everyday.

With that being said, this year I am really missing the classroom though. I think that it has to do with having so much time on my hands since the move to Indiana. We don't have many friends yet so we don't have much to do each day. (Poor us, huh?) :) My favorite part of the school year was setting up my classroom. I would spend hours thinking and overthinking the layout of the room. Getting my class list was always so exciting. I loved getting to find out who I would spend each day with. It was so much fun!

Of course a few weeks in the exhaustion sets in and I always think... "Why did I choose to be a teacher?"...

Hopefully in a few years I can go back to teaching and I hope that I love it even more after having a break to "refresh" my teacher brain! :)

2 comments:

Katy said...

Awww Julie! I miss you helping me get my room together this year. I'll send you pics. Love you!

Ashley said...

I know you will enjoy it even more when you get back to teaching! I hope all is well with you, Chad and Parker!