Friday, August 26, 2011

New School for Parker= 1 worried Momma


Parker begins his new school on Tuesday. BooHoo for me! The time apart will be great for both of us because we are rarely apart this days. Taking him to Early Arts last year wasn't really that difficult since I knew so many of the other children and I was familiar with most of the teachers since I worked there in college.

This..is..different... I do not know anyone...Dropping my baby off to a school that is brand new to him is so scary to me. I know that he will be fine. We went to Open House yesterday and his teachers are amazing. They follow a great curriculum but most important they incorporate a love of God and Jesus within every lesson.

Before the open house Parker did NOT want to go to school but he seemed to enjoy it yesterday. The classroom is huge and they have lots of toys. There are 10 children in the class and 9 are boys! They have a train table, race tracks, and a tool work bench so Parker got down to business! :)

He will go on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:00-11:30. His teacher is Mrs. Bernhardt and she has been the 2 year old teacher at Traders Point for 25 years! She seems great and seems to truly love the children.

Each of the preschool classrooms is based on one of the days of creation. That is his teacher is the far corner.




This is Mrs. Ellis, the teacher's assistant. She is very sweet too.

I will be a nervous wreck on Tuesday when I drop him off but I know that this is best for both of us!

No comments: