Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What do you do on a sad Wednesday?



We are blessed that Chad has a precious boss who understands the needs of a family and she told Chad to take off as much time as we needed after learning of the miscarriage yesterday. I had a pre op appointment at the hospital at 11 and Chad wanted to go with me. When we got home, I knew that I didn't need to sit around the house and dwell on the news so we headed out to the golf course. We have wanted to take Parker (1) because he really likes to "play golf" and (2) he loves to ride in a golf cart.

It was a really sweet afternoon.

Parker and Daddy with their clubs


Walking to get the cart


Putting on the green


After the golf outing, we stopped by the pumpkin patch to get our pumpkins for the season. I don't think that I took a picture of the ones that we picked but we got a daddy one, mommy one, and a baby one. I didn't get any good pictures of Parker because he just wasn't into my picture taking.

I thank the Lord for the sweet blessing of Parker or I would NOT be handling this miscarriage very well.

We have no idea what we are going to do now. We have pretty much exhausted all of the money that we saved for fertility treatments so IVF is probably out. We do have some money that my sweet grandmother left us but I just don't think that I want to spend thousands and not be guaranteed a child. We might try some other options that are FAR less hopeful than IVF but it's worth a shot. When I am physically and emotionally ready, we will discuss that.

I am going to throw myself back into running to give me a focus. I ran this morning for the first time and I only made it 1.75 miles before I died. I had taken 2 months off and it's amazing how quickly you get out of shape. I am hoping to run twice a day to work back up and pass where I was before the pregnancy.

Thanks for all of the prayers and support. It's still hard for me to talk about because talking about it makes it real. The D&C is Friday and I am sure that will be hard but I am claiming God's promises to always love and protect me. I know that He will be with me through the procedure and the physical and mental recovery. I don't know what I would do without my sweet family and dear friends.

9 comments:

Stephanie Trapp said...

Julie, you have such a sweet Christ-honoring attitude in all of this. I'll be praying for you on Friday and in the days to come!

Ashley said...

You and Chad will be in my prayers, continually!

Nina Long said...

You are in my prayers!! Love you!!

Laura said...

Praying for you guys...

Amy said...

I've been thinking about you and praying for your precious, precious family. If there's anything at all i can do, please let me know! Love you sweet girl!

Kayla said...

Praying....

Julie Young said...

Thinking about you. Especially tommorrow.

Melodie said...

You know how hard everybody is praying for you, Chad and Parker. We all love you so much! Be thinking about you specifically tomorrow.

McKinney Madness said...

Julie, I'm so proud of you for the positive outlook you have on this situation. There are no words that will make you feel better now, but just know that you are loved and surrounded by a cloud of friends and family. We are all here if you need us. Much love...