Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tuesday was a big day in the Greenhaw household. My sweet baby started preschool. I was a little more emotional about it than I thought I would be. (I blame pregnancy!) I just can't believe he's almost 2! It's scary how fast time goes by. Chad got to come with me to take him to school. We slowly walked him down the hall to his little class, both dreading the tears to come.

We walked in the room, Parker ran from us both, starting playing and he never looked back. We stood and watched him play for a few minutes but I decided that it would be best for us to sneak away. I really thought that he would cry but he didn't. He was instantly happy to have new friends and toys to play with.

As Chad and I left, we both felt out of sorts. I didn't really know what to think. Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled that there were no tears, but he didn't even miss me a bit! That will break your heart! :)

I am glad to begin this new chapter and I know that he will love school. And let's be honest, I am going to LOVE the break!

Parker on the first day of preschool

5 comments:

Bowerman Blessed said...

What a precious little boy he is! Wow, big steps to preschool. So glad he loved it. Momma will begin to love it more :)

Nina Long said...

awww so sweet!!!! I know the feeling of not looking back it is heart breaking : )!!!

Melodie said...

So glad he did good! He was all smiles when I asked him about it yesterday!

"The Activist" said...

As hard as it is, it means you have done your job well. He feels safe and confident that you'll be back and is beginning to learn independence. Doesn't mean that if your kid cries, then that's not the case. You will want that independence, especially when #2 comes along!

I think the fact that both of mine didn't cry made me cry all the more. Of course, I did it privately. I imagine I will be crying privately each time we cross that bridge!

Proud of you all!

The Penter Family said...

OH! I totally know how you felt! Our boys are about the same age. Colt started MDO 2 weeks ago. While I am glad for some free time... it is SO hard being away from him for those 4 hours. I guess I can't keep him home with me forever, but it is definitley hard. Can't even think about how terrible kindergarten is going to be!!!