Monday, August 30, 2010

August Recap...


August has been a busy month filled with doctors appointments. We began the journey on August 3rd with our embryo transfer. Our intention was to transfer two embryos but one did not survive so we "placed" one in the oven and hoped and prayed for the best.

Next begins the 10 day wait... It can be horrible... But thankfully my parents worked out a beach trip at the last minute so we got to head down to the coast again. It was wonderful because it made the wait go by a little faster.

Of course we were THRILLED to get the call that we were PREGNANT!! We really prayed that it would work this time because our insurance company was really being difficult and they were refusing to pay anything! YUCK!

We did have a scare on Saturday. We got up that morning excited because we were taking Parker to Point Mallard. He was thrilled and we were too. I loved that place as a kid!
We were having fun, just finished lunch and we were heading to the pool. Parker and Chad were already in the pool and I began having some pretty strong pains. They didn't go away so I decided to head to the bathroom. When I got to the bathroom, I knew that it was bad pretty quickly because there was alot of blood.

I rushed back to the pool, tried not to freak out, and we left as soon as we could. We decided to head to the Decatur ER because I was in so much pain. I didn't want to go back to Florence. LONG story short, we were there from 1-8:30!! Such a long day. They did an ultrasound and determined that we still had a strong heartbeat! Thank the Lord. The bleeding eventually stopped!!


A few pictures from August:
My mom and dad got Parker a "fourweeder" the other day and Parker loves it!!



Parker and Luke
I am sad to say that Chad might say this was the happiest day of his life!

4 comments:

Melodie said...

So glad everything is ok now and so excited for ya'll! I think we would have to take a picture of the 'happiest day' of Will's life too! That's so funny but only because I feel like my husband would be the same way!

Nina Long said...

Glad you and baby are ok!!!

Bowerman Blessed said...

So thankful that everything is good!

Ashley said...

Congrats on baby #2. I may need to do something like that. We have been trying and are not having a lot of luck.