Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rough Run

If you were on Roxie Drive this morning around 6:30 am and you saw a girl literally bust it and slide across the ground, it wasn't me! :)

Ok, well, truthfully, it was. I was just humming along, praying and thinking, and the next thing I know I am flying in the air. I had NO time to respond. My whole body slid on the ground. Both of my knees are banged up and bleeding as well as both of my hands. (Is there anything worse than the sting of hands being scraped on concrete?) My stomach and my right thigh is all scraped up too. I hopped up really fast because I was so embarrassed. Of course, I did the look around to see if anyone saw me. I was really hurting, blood was running down my knee but I was so flustered that I just starting running again so I could hurry up and get home. I was about half a mile from my house so I just hobbled home and prayed that I wouldn't see anyone.

I looked like a hot mess, let me tell you. Now I wish that I had just slept late and been lazy! I am feeling better now but I am just going to be really sore!

5 comments:

Julie Young said...

Oh wow! Sorry I am not laughing. :)

Julie Greenhaw said...

The first thing Chad said when I got home was... man, I wish that we had caught that on camera.... "Thanks honey!"

Julie Greenhaw said...

The first thing Chad said when I got home was... man, I wish that we had caught that on camera.... "Thanks honey!"

Kayla said...

bless your heart! That is awful! Hope you get better soon:(

Nina Long said...

Wish you would have told this story when you came to school today!! hehe!! Glad you feel better!! : )