Sunday, June 20, 2010

CVS jackpot!

If you are a Huggies fan, you need to go to CVS this week. They have their big box of diapers (64 count) on sale for $19.00. If you purchase the box, they will give you $10.00 in Extra Care bucks!!

This is what I did.
19.99 Box of diapers
2.99 Colgate toothpaste
0.88 Chicklets gum (need one more thing to make my total enough for coupon)

I had a 5.00 off 25.00 purchase that I got on-line.
I printed a 4.00 off a 20.00 purchase that I printed on the coupon scanner as you enter the score. (That one was luck.)
I had a 3.00 off Huggies coupon.
I had 4.00 in Extra Care bucks from last week.
I had one 0.75 cent coupon for the toothpaste.

I paid $9.78 out of pocket for all of these items. I also received back 12.00 in Extra Care bucks so CVS actually PAID me to shop there today.

I did a second transaction and purchased:
2 24-count Nestle Pure Bottled water at 2.78 each.
I pack of Huggies little swimmers diapers at 8.99.

I used a 1.00 coupon for the bottled water.
I had a 1.50 coupon for the swimmer diapers.
I had a 2.00 CVS coupon for the diapers that printed at the scanner for me last week. YAY!
I used the 12.00 in Extra Care bucks from my previous purchase.

My total was 0.03 cents but I had to pay tax! Boo! It was 1.26 total out of pocket!!!
What a great day!!! My receipt said that I saved $39.59!!!!!

I heart CVS!

7 comments:

Stephanie Trapp said...

I'm SO glad you posted about this! I LOVE using coupons and I follow several blogs that are always talking about what awesome deals they get at CVS! I would love to try but I don't really know much about it.

From reading your post, it seems that you can use the extra care bucks you earn to purchase anything. Is that right? You don't have to use them on just certain items? And can you use a CVS coupon along with a manufacturer coupon,too?

I'd love to hear all about it! :)

Julie Greenhaw said...

Yes, Stephanie. I just started studying peoples blogs to learn the system. You can use the Extra care bucks on anything in the store which is very nice. You can also stack your coupons, meaning that you can use a manufacturer coupon along with a CVS coupon. CVS also emails out coupons often. They are $5 off a 25 dollar purchase or $4 off a 20 dollar purchase. They also have a coupon scanner when you enter the store. You can walk in and scan your CVS card and get additional coupons.... I am NOT a pro but I am slowly learning. www.iheartsavingmoney.com is a great site. It covers lots of different stores. Let me know if this is not clear.

Julie Young said...

You sound just like me when I go to CVS. I go just about every Monday and get the sales for that week. (After I cut my coupons) I didn't know that you could stack coupons there.

Julie Greenhaw said...

Jules, we need to go CVS shopping together. They have had great razor deals the past two weeks but the CVS by my house keeps running out of them. Boo!

Ashley said...

I love CVS too! I have really started learning the CVS system as well, but they usually run out of some of the items that I have on my list to get the ECBs. I guess I need to start going on SUndays or Mondays. Another great blog to visit is www.qtips4you.blogspot.com. She is very informative on CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aid and Publix.

Julie Greenhaw said...

Thanks, Ashley. I didn't know about that site. I went the past two Sundays right after church and they were already out of the razors both weeks....

Lamm said...

That's great, Julie! I used to be so on top of my couponing game, but it's dwindled since I've been pregnant--trying to get ready to start back up!

Did you know you can ask the cashier for a rain check for an item that is listed on sale, but is out of stock? You can then use your rain check another week, when the item IS in stock, to get the sale price AND still use your coupons. Just don't lose the rain check (which I have done a time or two :)

Here's a list of blogs I used to frequent:
http://www.southernsavers.com
(this is where I make my grocery list from--I know Flo doesn't have great grocery stores but Walmart and Target are included!)

http://www.couponmom.com
You can search the coupon database here, and she has the deals listed by store as well.

http://www.commonsensewithmoney.com

http://www.moneysavingmom.com

Hope that helps you even more! Now you've inspired me even more to jump back on the bandwagon! And hope you're sweet little family are doing well!!! :)