Sunday, May 30, 2010

Wedding Craziness....


The month of May just about won and did me in.... It's been a great month with family but my goodness, I almost didn't survive. Between Mother's Day, my brother's birthday, Chad's birthday, my Mom's Birthday, Tool and Gadget Parties, wedding teas, and traveling.... we are worn out!!! Not to mention, MY JOB! The month of May at school is always exhausting because of end of the year testing, parties, and packing up the classroom.

The wedding madness began in April with Chad's cousin Keith's, wedding. Chad was the video man and I directed...We survived that one and immediately began "partying" for Chad's brother and Elizabeth and his cousin, Ryan and his fiance, Erica. We had at least one party or event every weekend.

Chad's brother's wedding was in Vegas. We dropped Parker off at my parents last wednesday night around 7...We left with tears in our eyes and drove to Athens to spend the night with Chad's parents because we had such an early flight on Thursday. The flight there to Vegas was VERY bumpy and I didn't think that my stomach would survive but thankfully we landed safely.

I wasn't sure what to expect in Vegas...but it was better than I expected. It's very clean and the buildings are beautiful. We ate great food and stayed up very late! The first night we were there we stayed up until 2:30 am. We had been up for almost 24 hours straight when we went to bed. We are usually 10 pm bed time kinda people so that was crazy for us! (I am still recovering now though!)


The limo ride from the airport to our hotel, Trump Towers. (Chad, Kevin, and Elizabeth)

Our beautiful hotel room. Can you find Chad? :)


Chad, the creepy tourist guy

Eating lunch... We had forgotten how easy it is to go out to eat alone...
The hotel lobby

Chad, his brother, Kevin, and his Dad, David

Chad's Memaw is on the left. Her and her friend, Helen, DROVE to Vegas from Florence.
Kevin and Elizabeth during the ceremony.

Sweet tears of joy.

AFter the wedding, the limo took the family around to different Vegas spots to take wedding pictures...

Chad and I at dinner after the wedding


Their wedding was beautiful and the trip was fun! It was the longest that we had both been away from Parker. I was DYING to see him when we got home. He did fine with my parents but you still worry when you are so far away.

Chad's cousin, Ryan, got married yesterday in Birmingham and Chad was in the wedding. So we were barely recovered from Vegas and we packed up the car Friday at noon and headed down for the rehearsal at 5. We had the rehearsal and went to the dinner. Thankfully, Parker was decently quiet and well behaved during the dinner because it was a pretty fancy place. We wedding didn't start until 5:30 on Saturday and Chad had to be there at 1 for pictures so I had to keep Parker entertained in the hotel room all afternoon. It was storming outside so we couldn't go swimming... :( We got late checkout so we had to be out of our room by 3 but thankfully chad's Memaw, who had just gotten back in town from driving home from Vegas, let us camp out in her hotel room!

We survived but I was worn out by the time we got to the wedding. We left Birmingham last night around 9... The wedding was beautiful and we are so excited for Ryan and Erica!

I am sooooo glad that we are slowing down a bit now. We haven't been to church in 3 weeks because of all of the trips...I can't wait to take Parker to the pool and just enjoy the summer!!

2 comments:

Melodie said...

Boy you've been busy. We have missed ya'll for sure! Yes, it is so nice to go out to dinner alone. Hoping to do that at least once this year!! Glad ya'll are back and taking it easy now! We had fun last night!

Julie Young said...

That made me tired just reading it. HA!