Monday, April 26, 2010

Speed Demons! (JK)

Gotta brag!!

At the last minute, I decided to go ahead and run the Swampers 5K Saturday morning. I figured that the weather was going to be too bad to run, but when I woke up Saturday morning, the bad weather seemed to be holding off.

Chad, Parker, and I literally FLEW out the door and headed over to Muscle Shoals for the race. We pulled up at 7:50 and the race started at 8. I pined on my number and ran to the starting line. As soon as I was able to stretch a bit, the race started.

It was by far the easiest course I have ever done. Completely flat + no hills =easy race!

Sweet Megan was also there. It was her second race and I was so glad to see a running buddy there. (We've got to get Courtney's foot better! I hate going to races by myself...Can you say, loser!) Cara, are you reading this??? hint, hint!

I was pretty proud of my time. Since I dropped out the half marathon, I have been focusing more on shorter runs and improving my speed. I ran 3.1 miles in 27: 30. It was my personal best time. After the race, the bottom was about to fall out so we quickly headed to the car to get home.

Didn't want my baby getting wet! So we left before they announced the winners of each division.

They posted the race results this morning and I found out that I placed!! I got third place in my age divison..I have only placed one other time and that was because there were only two people in my division and I got 2nd! (So I don't think that really counts.) But this time, I actually did place! I got 3rd out of around 13, I think.

Megan got 2nd in her age division. She had an amazing time. It has taken me around a year to really focus on speed and she is just blazing already! She'll be running a 6 minute mile before we know it! :)

Even though I didn't make the half marathon, all in all, it was a good run anyway!

6 comments:

Jeff and Nina Long said...

Congrats! That is great!!!

Julie Young said...

Yeah Jules!! That is awesome! I am proud of you!

Ashley said...

Great job, Julie! Any races coming up? I am slowly building back up.

Kellie Belue Jordan said...

YOU GO GIRL! I was going to run the 1/2, but I opted out... Then i was going to run Swampers... But i was lazy! Kudos to you for getting up and doing it! Congrats!

Julie Greenhaw said...

Ashley, there is one May 8th. It benefits CAmp Smile a Mile so I am there for sure! It is at Florence High School.

Katy said...

Wow! I am so impressed!