Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Parker at 16 months

Parker will be 17 months on May 3rd and here are some things that are his favorites.....

TV Shows:
  • Blues Clues
  • Backyardigans
  • Handy Manny
  • Micky Mouse

Toys:

  • Cars-He loves Matchbox cars!
  • He got a red riding rocket for Christmas but he is just now really starting to play with it. He's riding it all over the house.
  • He LOVES to swing, or as he would say "wing"
  • He loves to ride in his red car outside. It's the red car with the long handle where we can push him.
  • He also loves to ride on the bike with Chad. We got him one of those seats you attach. It's fun to go for a family stroll!

Food:

  • Sadly, this is different everyday but there are the things I can count on him eating.
  • peanut butter and jelly sandwich
  • biscuits, sausage, and bacon
  • Dora yogurt (He calls Dora "Dorey")
  • Any kind of snack cracker Ex: Goldfish, Ritz, Animal Cracker....
  • Waffles
  • Bananas
  • Peanut butter toast
  • Butter and cinnamon toast
  • yogurt cereal bar

Words: This will be hard and I know that I will forget a bunch, but I'll do my best.

  • Mommy
  • Daddy (Daey)
  • Gee (my mom)
  • Pops (my dad)
  • Aunt Shea Shea
  • Mimi (Chad's mom)
  • Popi (Chad's dad)
  • cars
  • outside (He is not saying "ass" anymore ) :)
  • yummies (food)
  • juice
  • bus
  • "Baey" Bailey, our dog
  • Cat/Meow
  • Bo (mom's dog)
  • Isee (be easy) That is what we say when he's being to wild!
  • Swing (wing)
  • "Manny" Handy Manny
  • Bu (blue)
  • pass (pacifier)

My mom claims that he counted 1, 2, 3... for her the other day but Chad and I haven't heard him do that either. :) She also said that he rolled over for her at 2 months but Chad and I didn't see him roll over until 10 months.... See a pattern??? :)

He has been sleeping really well at night but he still really doesn't nap long enough. He will go to sleep around 12:30 for a nap and on a good day, he'll sleep for an hour and a half. He needs more than that but he always wakes up. He goes to sleep at night around 7:30 and gets up anywhere between 6-7. Ugg...Maybe this summer he'll sleep later. :)

We are having so much fun right now. I think that every month Chad and I say that this is our favorite time so far! :) We are just getting excited about summer!

1 comment:

Jeff and Nina Long said...

it is so fun!! The boys take naps with me for 2 hours or longer and I can't wait to take a nap every day in the summer!!! You better come visit me at work next year I will miss seeing you down the hall : (