Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gotta love Spring Break!


I love Spring Break!! We have been on the move since I got out of school and I love it. It all began on Friday. Chad's cousin, Keith, was getting married and Chad's aunt asked me to direct the wedding. Of course, I said I'd be glad to help although I had never directed a wedding before. I've been a bridesmaid too many times to count so I was hopeful that I could handle it. She also asked Chad to be the "video man." His other cousin, Ryan, had his bachelor's party in Birmingham the same to watch some Indy car race. Don't know much about that stuff.... So basically, to sum up the weekend...we both ran around like crazy people. Parker and I drove back and forth from Florence to Athens and Chad drove back and forth from Birmingham to Athens...But all in all the wedding was beautiful and it was a fun weekend.

I packed up all of our stuff on Sunday after church and drove over to Athens to meet Chad Sunday night as he returned from Birmingham because we were headed to Chattanooga for some family fun! We didn't leave Athens until 7:30 so we got a very late start. Parker slept a good bit of the trip so the car ride was easy...Getting him to go back to sleep in the hotel, not so much...He was up until 12:30...Chad and I were worn out!

First, we went to the aquarium. It's expensive but VERY nice. Parker liked it as much as a 16 month old could....He pointed at everything and said "fish."

We stayed until lunch time and we walked down the street to Mellow Mushroom for pizza. Yummy is all I can say about that!

We went back to the hotel to get Parker's swimsuit. We had a few people recommend a park that was across the bridge. We packed up the stroller and headed over. Parker LOVED the water fountain. It was full of kids playing and having a great time.
He was having fun but had to stop because it got a little wild....Girls gone wild at the splash pad....Topless girls! (He literally stopped and watched her walk by!)


We ate Shave Ice and headed back to the hotel for more water fun. We swam in the indoor pool for awhile because I wanted to try out my yard sale find. I bought Parker that floatie from Kayden next door but he hated it. Anyone else have one of those?? Just thankful I only paid 3 dollars. :) It will be in my yard sale pile now.
The Chattanooga Lookouts were playing the Huntsville Stars at the staduim across the street so we packed up the stroller again and headed over for some baseball fun....I love nothing more than stadium nachos so I was a happy girl. BUT, don't let this picture fool you. Parker pitched a total fit...Poor thing was just exhausted. We had such a fun day and he only slept for around 30 minutes..He was just worn out. He feel asleep for a bit during the game but we had to leave around the sixth inning. It was still a fun night to sit outside and enjoy baseball.

We got up this morning and ate breakfast and walked down to the Children's Museum. Holy Cow! It's amazing. I wasn't really sure if there would be much that Parker could do but he LOVED it! We already can't wait to take him again.
Weighing the fruits and vegetables...


Playing the harp...


Of course we had to play the "Manny Tools" He LOVES Handy Manny.


The kitchen was also a big hit.


And what kid doesn't love to play in the water??

It was a great getaway trip for the family. We weren't worried about any schedules. We just did what we felt like doing. Everything we did was within walking distance of our hotel which was nice. We are hoping to go back a couple of times this summer.

On the way home, we stopped a bought a mini van...But I'll keep you hangin on that one...MOre to come!

5 comments:

Bowerman Blessed said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad ya'll are having a great spring break. And glad you have joined the mini-van world - HA! Cannot wait to see it. Definitely will make your life a lot easier!

Melodie said...

So much fun! I love get-a-ways! I also love ballpark nachos! You're my kind of girl! So excited about the mini van...and a little jealous!

Julie Greenhaw said...

Melodie-I thought of you as I ate my nachos! :)

The Chandler Babies said...

Looks like a blast!!! I can't wait to see you in the mini!!!!! You will be the cutest mini driver ever!!!: )

Ashley said...

What a fun trip and busy spring break! Congratulations on the new mini van. I loved it when I bought my Pilot and had all the extra space! Enjoy the rest of your break!