Saturday, March 27, 2010

Just call me Debbie Downer....

I have been so frustrated in the progress of my training for the half marathon. I feel as though I have just hit a wall and I am going backwards....Two weeks ago today and ran and completed the Huff and Puff run in Sheffield and it was within my goal time. It was a 9.3 mile run which was my best run to date. Since then, I am just dying out there! The week after the run I did get really sick and that took me out for a few days but everyday this week I ran, and they were just pitiful.

The best run I had this week was 4 miles...Of course I realize that 4 miles is great and I am thankful that the Lord has given me a body and two legs that allow me to do that but 4 miles isn't cutting it when you need to be running between 9-11 miles...I am going to make the decision this week about the half marathon. The race is April 24th in Nashville. It's costing us alot of money for me to do it because the race is 105 and our hotel is crazy expensive!!! I just don't want to go up there, spend all that money and not do well or ever worse, not be able to finish.

It's becoming stressful for me and that is not what I want. I want running to be a hobby that I enjoy and something that helps keep me in shape. I guess that I just need to pray about what I need to do.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You are doing great! It is so easy to get into a slump (mine lasted for about 4 months :). Keep up the good work and I am proud of you for going to Nashville to run!

The Chandler Babies said...

Well Debbie I think you are doing great atleast you are not me about working out cause my name is Pokie Pink when it comes to that!! LOL!!