Sunday, February 14, 2010

January/February Happenings

I was doing better about posting and then the last few weeks have been busy so I am going to try to play catch up.

Parker is doing well. Walking everywhere and getting faster every day. We cannot take our eyes off him. His new favorite thing: THE TOILET! He thinks it is hilarious to throw things in water. That is such a gross thing to love! We are trying to be careful to always shut the bathroom door.

He is repeating lots of words now. He turned 14 months on February 3rd which is just amazing to me. I am going to try to remember all of the words that he is saying now but I am sure that I will forget some: mama, dada, Gee(Gandy, my mom) juice, boon (balloon) Ba (Bailey, our dog) Bo (my parents dog) all gone, bye bye, ball. (I'm sure that I have forgotten some.) Oh wait, how could I forget this one. He says NO all of the time! Anything we tell him to do, he responds with a quick no.

He likes to watch Backyardigans, Wonder Pets, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Handy Manny. One morning this week he woke up earlier than normal and I turned on Blue's Clues and he loved it! He actually sat and watched it. I am going to have to buy a DVD or two.

He loves to go outside. There have been VERY few "warm" days lately but if it's decent, we've tried to bundle him up and go out! He is just so happy outside, but he is scared of the grass, which is weird. Hopefully he'll get used to it by the summer.

He is back in a picky stage of eating. He is consistently eating yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, muffins, biscuits, Tyson chicken nuggets, fish sticks, and waffles. He also loves lots of other kinds of fruit: pears, peaches, and pineapples. He is not wanting to each veggies now. Maybe he'll go back through a less picky stage soon.

**Chad and I have been busy with the work on the house. We closed off the living room and the dining room to make Chad a larger office space. LONG story and I'll post again about it later but a project that was supposed to cost 6, 000 actually cost double that price. We were given an estimate and the contracter did not hold up his end of the deal. Chad and I have been SICK over it because he is a close family friend.... You live and you learn. Always get the estimate in writing even if the person giving you the estimate is a close family friend.

I have still been running. It's been mostly on the treadmill because the weather has been so yucky lately. I am training for the 9.3 mile run in Sheffield on March 13th. Today I was able to run my best run: 6.7 miles. I need to hit 7.5 by next weekend. My joints are killing me now though and I think it's time for some new shoes. I bought cheap running shoes when I started running in June because it wasn't sure if I would stick with it. I need some suggestions on which shoes to by if anyone has any suggestions.

My latest obsession, beside running, is cutting coupons! It's amazing how much money you can some and how much free stuff you can get. Melodie is my coupon buddy!! I like to look at www.couponingtodisney.com. She posts lots of great deals and links to other websites. You should check it out.

About to head to bed and get ready for the big snow tomorrow. I'll try to post some pictures of our remodel soon.

4 comments:

Bowerman Blessed said...

Parker is getting so big! Macy loves the toilet too. Can't wait for this summer when we get to go to the pool together!

WillyB said...

You might want to go to a running store like Fleet Feet in Huntsville or Nashville and let them fit you for a shoe. They can tell you whether you need a stability shoe (what I have for my flat feet) or any other specific need you have based on your foot type. Drew Jones works at the one in Nashville and is a running coach. I called him and he asked me questions as was able to tell me what kind of shoe I need. The shoes really do make all the difference. Also, for joints, Glucosamine Chondroitin pills are a must.

Julie Greenhaw said...

Thanks Willy B! :)

Melodie said...

Love seeing all of Parker's new words. I loved seeing him walk the other night too! Can't believe that about the remodel cost. I really hate that for ya'll! We're about to get a roof on our back porch. We better watch out for sneaky John Thompson!! LOVE LOVE LOVE cutting coupons. Can't wait until you're able to go with me soon!