Friday, January 1, 2010
Every year I make New Years Resolutions and every year I am not successful at maintaining them...but I just KNOW that 2010 is the year that I will!! (trying to be positive!)
Here are my resolutions for 2010:
1. Spend more time EVERYDAY in prayer with my Lord. I have let this become just about nonexistent in my life. The theme in my life seems to be when I am dealing with tough times I acknowledge the need for prayer and surrender to that, but when things are just humming along, I feel that I have everything under control on my own. I bought a daily Bible reading plan book from Lifeway and I plan to begin today.
2. To complete a half marathon. My original goal was to do this before I turned 30. Since I turned thirty two weeks ago that's not going to happen. I wanted to run the half marathon in Birmingham at the end of February but I am finding that running in the cold temps is not my thing. I have not been out running as much as needed. I think I am going to move my goal to the Music City Half Marathon in Nashville the end of April.
3. Enjoy every moment I have with Parker. This is something that I try to do daily now but it's so hard sometimes with working so hard all day, picking him up at 3:30 and then I feel like I start my second full time job..It's just rush, rush, rush...
4. Enjoy being a stay at home mom....Yes, it's official! I am not going back to work next year. Chad and I have decided that it's time for me to simply focus on my family. As of May, I will be a stay at home mom! I am taking one year leave of absense and then we will decide what is best for our family.
5. Eat healthy. Doesn't EVERYONE put this. Yes, it's annoying because it's so difficult but I WORRY so much about feeding Parker a nutritious diet. Chad and I need to be eating better so teach Parker good eating habits. I have made great strides in this area, I must say...Chad, Not so much! :) Don't tell him I said that...
6. Make more time for my girlfriends. I need more time to spend in fellowship with my friends. Whether it's shopping or going out to eat (something healthy, of course!) I just want to be with them more!
I asked Chad as I was writing this what his New Years Resolution was going to be for this year. As eat at his Bologna Biscuit from Jack's he said, "I want to be in the best shape I have ever been." He said that he doesn't want to put any timeframe on the goal, just at some point this year. We both need to dust off the old gym membership and go more often.