Saturday, September 19, 2009

Parker at 9 months

Parker is nine months old and he is so much fun. (exhausting, but fun!) He started crawling a few weeks ago and he has not stopped since. One moment he'll be sitting next to me and the next he's across the room trying to eat dog food. He'll crawl into the kitchen and attempt to get to Bailey's bowl. He knows that he is not allowed to do it so he will look back at me the whole time. We keep telling him no and have even popped his hand a few times...Don't seem to bother him at all. He's determined to get to that dog food. I'm sure he'll sneak some in his mouth over the next year...Oh well, guess it could be worse...

His favorite thing to do right now is dance. HE LOVES to dance and we just think it's precious...He loves the music to Yo Gabba Gabba. He'll smile so big and dance. (He's only got one move..He just bounces up and down..) He needs to learn some new moves I guess.

His favorite songs to sing are:
The Wheels on the Bus, If Your Happy and You Know It, and The Itsy Bitsy Spider
He can be screaming and but if you start singing one of his songs, he smiles immediately...We just love it...

He weighs around 22 pounds now...He's wearing 12 month and 18 month clothes...He just seems to keep growing! At his nine month check up, he was 95% for weight, 75% for height, and 95% for head circumference. He has a huge head!! :) Poor thing! When he was born, that's the first thing the nurses kept saying, "What a huge head!" No wonder I pushed for so freakin long!

We've had to lower his mattress in his crib because he is pulling up so much. We also took off the bumper pads. I didn't want to because it just doesn't look very cute but it was making me nervous. He sleeps like a crazy man and he is all over the place. We went in to check on him a few times and he had his head between the bumper pad and the crib so off they went...

He has a new flirty smile... When he's on the floor playing and you say his name, he'll look up at you and smile a huge smile and he squints his eyes closed. It is so cute and he's such a little flirt.

Chad's cousin, Amanda, is letting us use her kids walker that they have outgrown. Parker loves it and he flies all over the house. Our entire house is hardwood floors and it's great for him in the walker. The only bad thing is he will crash into your ankles and it really hurts!

What fun times we are having as parents...Don't get me wrong...Many days are long and hard...Brooklyn and I were talking tonight about how exhausting it is to teach all day, with virtually NO breaks and rush home to begin our second full time job, wife and mommy. It's difficult and I sometimes wonder if being a working mom is the right decision...I just hope and pray that Parker will always know and feel that mommy and daddy love him when he is at Mrs. Jackie's everyday....

5 comments:

The Bowerman Blog said...

Awww what a sweet post. You definitely have 2 full time jobs. You are amazing for what you do at school and at home. Parker is a lucky little boy.

Julie Greenhaw said...

Thanks Paige!

Kayla said...

I know exactly how you feel! Sometimes being a working mom can be VERY challenging. I also pray that he always knows how much I love him even though I can't be with him all day every day:)

Brooklyn said...

I loved seeing Parker at Supper Club...he's just beautiful! I'm so glad we got to talk-it helps to know you're not alone being a working mommy and in our case a teaching mommy! It's so hard and I question myself too but in my heart when all is said and done, I know Brooks loves me so much...it just hurts sometimes to be away but at the same time I truly treasure our time together! I just tell myself to hang in there still the school year ends, and we'll see how we feel about it all.

Julie Y. said...

Luke loves itsy bitsy spider as well! It is one of his favorites.