Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all of the wonderful dads. I consider myself so very blessed to have such a wonderful man to call a husband and father to Parker. 

Top 10 Reasons that Chad is a wonderful father: 

1. When he plays with Parker, all of his attention is on him. He will lay on the floor and play with toys, tickle him, and just have fun. Parker laughs so hard when he plays with his daddy! Chad is great about staying focused on Parker during playtime! 

2. Chad is a hands-on dad. He changes diapers (even the stinky ones!), gives baths, and will change Parker's clothes when needed. Most often I don't even have to ask Chad to do something. He just sees that Parker needs something and he does it. He's wonderful!

3. Chad will gladly get up in the middle of the night to check on Parker if he is crying! WHAT A BLESSING!! Parker rarely wakes up now but if he does, I just nudge Chad and he gets up without a fight!!

4. He loves to feed Parker and he always makes the airplane sound with each bite! Parker loves it!

5. Chad is a great father because he loves me and still treasures our relationship. I am finding that it is hard to find a good balance between being parents and husband and wife. He plans nights out for us to go to dinner, anniversary night in Nashville, etc. What a sweetie!!

6. He loves to play with Parker in the swimming pool. Parker loves to swim and Chad will pull his little float around as long as little man is happy!

7. Chad would rather buy things for Parker than himself. 

8. Chad is already thrilled about building Parker a swing set within the next year. Chad has turned the big building on our back lot into a wood working shop and he wants to build the set. I think that it's sweet because it is going to be so much work. I think Parker will appreciate the work one day. 

9. Chad is always willing and encourages me to plan time with my girlfriends. I don't ever feel like I have to "ask" to go out with my friends. He knows how important my friends are to me and he is so sweet and understanding when I need some time away. 

10. HE LOVES PARKER WITH HIS WHOLE HEART!

We were just talking the other day about what a blessing Parker is to our lives. I am not sure what we did before we were born but there was a huge hole, a void there for sure! The Lord blessed with me with a wonderful man and I am so grateful for him and everything he does for our family!!!

4 comments:

Katy said...

Every one I read, I thought "Luke does that, too!" We are so lucky.

Julie Greenhaw said...

We are lucky! Tell Luke we said Happy Father's Day!!

Melodie said...

Julie, you are so sweet! I'm so happy for you and Chad. Children are definitely a blessing! Happy first Father's Day to Chad!

Leslie said...

This is very well said. You can tell he loves being a dad. Parker is growing so fast and is adorable.