Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Boobie Bungalo

Well, that post title got your attention, didn't it? ha-ha...Well, Chad and I had a WONDERFUL anniversary weekend, although he totally fooled me. Earlier in the week I started bugging him about the plans for the weekend. I love surprises but they also drive me crazy. I can not stand to not know what is going on. I kept guessing where we were going and I guessed Huntsville and to get me off his back he said yes. He said that we were going to Huntsville and staying at the Westin in Bridgestreet. I also guessed that we were going to the Melting Pot so I was just telling everyone that we were going to Huntsville and I was thrilled with the plans. I love Bridgestreet and I have always wanted to eat at the Melting Pot. 

We left Saturday morning early because we had to stop by Chad's parents house and set up the pack n play and drop off all of the one million things you have to take for your child. Should one child really require so much stuff to spend the night away for ONE night? :) We did that and then drove to Elkmont for the 3rd annual blood drive that is done in memory of Chad's pawpaw...We visited with family and spent around 2 hours there. Chad donated..I was a big baby and didn't want to... We left Parker there with Chad's parents because he was going to spend the night with them while we were gone for the night. 

Chad and I headed off to around 1:00 to Huntsville or so I thought. We were driving and Chad kept asking me about the people there at the blood drive and what they were saying. He was donating blood forever and didn't really get to spend much time with them. I now know he was just trying to distract me so I wouldn't realize where we were going. Now, lots of you know that when I get in the car and I am not driving, I am asleep. After about 15 minutes of driving I started to get sleepy but I kept noticing signs for things in TN. I thought that was strange but I didn't think much of it. A few minutes later I see a billboard for the Boobie Bungalo. Well, for one that name is just ridiculous and it makes me laugh and I just couldn't understand why Alabama would have signs for the Boobie Bungalo in TN. I told Chad that I thought that was weird and he just started laughing. He said," You big dork, have  you not noticed that we are driving NORTH?" I just start laughing at myself because I realized how dumb I was! 

We were heading to Nashville. Chad and tricked me!! He said that he was hoping that I would fall asleep before I noticed and I would wake up in Nashville. We stayed at a cool hotel in Cool Springs called ALoft. Really neat, by the way. First, we went shopping at OpreyMills! That place is my heaven! Of course shopping involved buying this for Parker! Not us, of course! :) We went to eat dinner at a place called Georgetown Cafe. Chad had made us reservations and I have to say it was the best meal I have had in a LONG time. Since I love FOOD so much, this made me very happy. The diet was OUT THE WINDOW! We had crab cakes for an appetizer. The entrees came with either soup or salad so I opted for the ceasar salad and Chad went for the French Onion soup. HOLY COW! It was the best soup ever! It was bubbling over with cheese. We basically licked the bowl! He had some kind of pork as his meal and I had some lemon basil chicken and it was wonderful. The bread was amazing too! Lord knows I love some bread! They were these little balls of bread and they were heavenly! SOOOO Good!!

We left dinner full and happy and went to the movies to see The Hangover! It is soo funny! It does have some bad language and a little nudity but it was a great laugh. I really wanted a big tub of buttery popcorn but I was still so full from dinner! We went back to the hotel and crashed. I was exhausted because I had gotten up early that morning and run two miles! (yea, I am patting myself on the back, I know!) I now need to run about 10 miles to burn off everything I ate! We got up this morning and ate breakfast at a place called J. Christopher's. It was a breakfast, brunch, and lunch place. I had a huge waffle with strawberries! So Yummy!

Chad did great this weekend planning our little getaway. We loved getting to spend time together but we were so ready to see our little man. It's amazing how you enjoy time away but you sure do miss your baby! 

Thanks Chad for a wonderful surprise weekend!!!

3 comments:

Katy said...

Good job, Chad! What an awesome surprise!

Elizabeth Sloan said...

What a fun surprise! I've seen that hotel in Cool Springs and wondered what it was like...now I know:) Glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Melodie said...

How fun! I'm so glad you didn't figure it out! Much better as a surprise! So sweet Chad!