Monday, June 29, 2009

3 miles baby!

Ok..I hate to brag, but I'm going to today! My great childhood friend, Cara and I started running together over a month ago. We started running in the evenings but it got so hot we moved to the mornings. She's been driving over to my house at 6:15 and we are running in Forest Hills. We started with a mile and did that for a week or two and we have slowing increased distance. Well, today, we did it! We ran 3 miles..Not 1, not 2, but 3 MILES! I have never run that far and actually it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did get a cramp in my side and that was slowing me down a bit...I am so proud that we have stuck with it. We are going to run a 5K race in July 10th. It's a FRiday night run down at the river bottom. It's a fundraiser for St. Jude. We are excited!!! My goal is to loose this lingering baby weight but so far it hasn't happened. I hope that it will soon!!! 

9 comments:

Scarlett said...

Way to go Julie! Keep up the good work! If you keep doing that you'll be skinny momma in no time---and healthier with more energy too! :) Proud of you!

Julie Y. said...

GO JULIE!! GO JULIE!!
You are 3 miles ahead of me!

Kimberly said...

Congratulations!!! I need to get motivated to run. I used to run a lot on college, and there is nothing like the adrenaline rush you get when you complete a goal like a 5k. The good thing is, if you continue to run through this hot, humid summer, when the fall comes, and the air is dryer, you will be able to run 10 miles, no problem. You will be in shape, and have no problems breathing. Keep it up!! And keep us updated. You might just get me motivated to get back in to running.

Elizabeth Sloan said...

Way to go, Julie & Cara! I'm so proud of you guys! And a bit envious because I've never been a runner, but have a secret desire to be one.....wish I was there so I could train with y'all!

The Bowerman Blog said...

Good for you! I need to come run with ya'll! THat is awesome!

Katy said...

I'm sorry for making fun of you :) I really am just jealous because my fat butt can't even walk to the mailbox and back.

Julie Greenhaw said...

Kimberly and Paige: You are welcome to run with us! We are just going to run on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings since we've uped our distance to 3 miles.

Stephanie Trapp said...

Way to go! That's awesome! I need to get to running, too! :)

Melodie said...

I'm impressed and envious. I can't seem to get motivated. I'm hoping after Lizzie gets here I can do something, anything! Good for you!