Saturday, May 2, 2009

Parker's first beach trip


We took our first family vacation to Panama City Beach last week. What a week! The week consisted of laying on the beach, eating, and shopping. Parker was great and he took great naps on the beach so we were able to stay out longer than I had originally planned. The first day and a half he was fussy though because he was sick and was finishing is dose of steroids. Those made him and evil baby, by the way! Thankfully he got to feeling better and we finished the dose. We were lucky for our best friends, Katy and Luke, and their little Harper to come with us. 

Our first family portrait at the beach. 



The Smiths: Luke, Katy and Harper
check out Katy's blog at www.speakingsmith.blogspot.com

Chillin on the beach

Swimming with my mommy

my dear, sweet friend, Katy

I don't know what I would do without Katy. She was the very first person I met the day I was moving into the dorms at UNA. We instantly hit it off and we went to the rush parties together. Thankfully we pledged the same sorority, Go ALPHA GAM!, and we were together all of the time. We also lived together on Spring Street along with Emily and Raycheal. Our relationship took an interesting turn a few years ago when we both had trouble conceiving a child. both of us ended up going through IVF to conceive our first child. She was constant support and reassurance. When others would say, "Don't worry, it's be fine. You'll get pregnant." or " You can always adopt." Katy was there to hear me cry. She knew and felt my pain of not knowing if I would ever have a child of my own. She would not make promises about a child. She would simply listen and understand the sadness of the unknown. I love Katy with all of my heart. She is now going through difficulty that I don't understand with her precious little girl and I hope that I can be half the support that she was to me. (Wow, I just got really sappy and this was not the intention of this blog, but I love me some Katy!)
More beach fun!

My sweeties!!!
I already can't wait to go back to the beach. We will be going back with the Greenhaw's in June! 

4 comments:

Katy said...

Thanks, Julie!! I don't know what I would do without you! I love you!!!

Julie said...

We are going to the beach in July and your post just made me look forward to it even more!

Melodie said...

I love the family picture!! I admit I got a little teary eyed reading your shout out to Katy. She is pretty awesome!

Brooklyn said...

I'm so glad you had a great trip! I also got teary-eyed when reading about Katy..you are so sweet! I hope today was okay going back to work- I'm thinking about you. And thanks for letting me hold Parker yesterday-he's precious!