Saturday, May 9, 2009

Being a Mom

I am looking forward to waking up in the morning for my first mother's day. The past 29 years of my life have basically revolved around myself. What I want to do, what I want to be, where I want to go, but the last five months have become all about Parker! What I want, need, desire is pushed to the side, but you know...I TOTALLY don't care because being a mom is the best trade off in the world. Parker is so much fun right now. His personality is really starting to come out. He is smiling and "talking" all of the time. I love first thing in the morning because he wakes up so happy. I love looking over the edge of the crib because he is usually talking and smiling. He gives Chad and I the BIGGEST smile when he sees us. 

Parker spent the night with my parents for the first time last night. The break was nice but I was so exhausted so I just crashed on the couch. Well, after I went and got ice cream with Chad. It was the best ice cream by the way!! Ice Cream Corner is very good!! It was strange waking up without Parker in the house. It's funny because we were looking forward to a break but when he's gone we just miss him and look forward to going and picking him up. It seems weird without him! We're not really sure what we did with our time before Parker! 

I wanted to write down what Parker's schedule is like now. He wakes up around 7. He eats a little bit of cereal mixed with applesauce and then he takes a 6 ounce bottle. He plays for awhile and then he usually goes back down for his morning nap around 9:15. Most days he sleeps until 10 and then wakes up for his second bottle. We play, read books, watch Sprout, etc until his afternoon nap. He keeps changing the  time for his afternoon nap but I think it's going to be around 2 or 3. He has fazed out his mid day nap. He eats his "dinner" around 4:30. We feed him either bananas, applesause, or sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are his favorite! Those are the only three types of baby food we have feed him so far. We give him a bath between 7-7:30, then a bottle and bed by 8:30. I think that he is starting to want to go to bed a little earlier now though. And then we start all over again the next day. 

I will wake up in the morning with a special excitement! I love being a mom!!!

2 comments:

Katy said...

I am excited tomorrow is my first Mother's Day, too! This is pretty cool!

Melodie said...

Happy belated Mother's Day to you. I can't believe I forgot to tell you yesterday. We are so thankful you guys were able to bring Parker into the world. He is so sweet and handsome and I hope he and Callan and Lizzie can be good friends one day. Isn't being a mom the best?