Monday, March 30, 2009

I actually did it!

I used to  always talk about how I wish I could get up early and go to the gym before work, but for some reason at 4:45, the snooze button was always more appealing! (I wonder why?)

BUT, today, I actually did it. I went to the gym at 5:20 this morning! I want to start going early now so I can be in the routine when I go back to work in May. 

Now, let me say that I have only done it for one day but I thought if I blogged about it, I might feel more accountable...we'll see....

I am desperate to loose this weight. I wanted to loose about 20 pounds before Parker and now I am still carrying 10 pounds of "Parker." I obviously know that my bikini days are over but I do want to be able to swim with my child this summer and not cause other people to vomit when I walk by. I would also be nice for my thighs not to rub together!! :) 

I'll let you know how the rest of the week goes....My alarm is set for 4:45 a.m.....

9 comments:

Julie said...

You go girl!! I wish I was that motivated. We go to the beach in July and I think I will be wearing the "granny" swimsuit!

Melodie said...

That is awesome! I have absolutely no self discipline when it comes to working out. Good for you!

Brooklyn Campbell said...

I am super impressed! Great job!

The Bowerman Blog said...

Julie I am laughing so hard because I say those same things, about being at the pool and hoping people don't vomit! Ha! Congrats to you for going to the gym early. That is an awesome start. When I was in the best shape of my life, it was when I exercised first thing before I would go to work. So good luck to you. We are going to the beach in July but the Forest Hills pool opens before then so I have LOTS of work to do myself. I need prayers!

Elizabeth Sloan said...

I'm proud of you, Julie! I used to work out before work and it's not an easy habit to acquire...but you're already past step one!

Julie Greenhaw said...

UPDATE: I did go again today but not as early. It was storming when my alarm went off at 4:50 so I hit snooze until 6:15... I guess it's good because I still did go just not as early.... Let's hope I make it tomorrow!!!

Katy said...

They won't be vomiting at you; they'll be vomiting at me...

The Chandler Babies said...

Yeah I am so proud of you!!! You look great by the way!!!

Ashley said...

I wish I had the discipline to get up that early to workout. Good job!