Monday, March 30, 2009
I used to always talk about how I wish I could get up early and go to the gym before work, but for some reason at 4:45, the snooze button was always more appealing! (I wonder why?)
BUT, today, I actually did it. I went to the gym at 5:20 this morning! I want to start going early now so I can be in the routine when I go back to work in May.
Now, let me say that I have only done it for one day but I thought if I blogged about it, I might feel more accountable...we'll see....
I am desperate to loose this weight. I wanted to loose about 20 pounds before Parker and now I am still carrying 10 pounds of "Parker." I obviously know that my bikini days are over but I do want to be able to swim with my child this summer and not cause other people to vomit when I walk by. I would also be nice for my thighs not to rub together!! :)
I'll let you know how the rest of the week goes....My alarm is set for 4:45 a.m.....
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Parker will be four months old on April 3rd. There are so many new things that he is doing right now and I love them all!! I thought I would make a list of some of the new things he can do and some of the things I am loving right now!
1. I love to see him first thing when we wakes up. He has the biggest smile of his little face when Chad or I go to get him out of his crib. It is adorable and it melts my heart everytime!
2. He is "talking" so much now. He will hold long conversations with you and it's so cute. We sit after every bottle and "talk."
3. He loves his Exersaucer that his Mimi and Poppy gave him. He is starting to grab and play with the toys. There are three toys that spin and those are his favorite.
4. He is sleeping in his "big boy crib" in his room now. We moved him our of the pack and play in our room a few weeks ago. I thought that he would cry and wouldn't sleep good but he didn't miss a beat. It hurt my feelings a little bit. (He didn't even miss his mommy and daddy!) My sweet little baby sleeps so great at night. We put him down around 8:30 and he wakes up between 7:00-7:30! I know we won't be so lucky if we have another baby! :)
5. He is taking between 6-7 six ounce bottles a day now. I have completely stopped nursing now. It's been six days since I nursed and I thought Parker would have a hard time adjusting but once again, he did not. It's mommy that had the hard time. :(
6. He has discovered his hands and he will hold them up and sit and stare at them. He also LOVES to put them in his mouth. I think that he prefers his hands to his pappy.
7. His favorite stuffed animal is his puppy. He will hold that puppy and it's ADORABLE!
8. He hates to lay on his belly. We are trying to get him to roll over again but he screams when we put him on his stomach. He will lay there for a minute but then it's, WATCH OUT! and he's throwing a fit!
9. His bouncy seat is still his favorite place to be. He would sit there for hours if we let him.
10. He loves the Baby Einstein videos. Right now we are watching the "Baby's First Signs" and he would watch it over and over.
He is so much fun right now and I know that it's only going to get better and better with time!
Sunday, March 1, 2009
We couldn't resist taking Parker outside in the snow this morning! Chad and I played while Parker was sleeping. We were going to make a snowman but we gave up on that pretty quickly. Instead, Chad thought it would be fun to peg me with snowballs instead!
Bailey absolutely LOVED the snow. She ran around the yard and she was sooo happy! It was really cute!
Chad had an overnight trip to Huntsville this week so Parker and I decided to tag along. It was great to get out of the house for longer than a few hours! The hotel had an indoor swimming pool so we had to let Parker "swim." Mommy refused to get in the pool because my lumps of white fat are not very attractive! :) I didn't want to scare other hotel guests!
The bed was so comfy!
Chad and Parker getting ready to swim! Raycheal gave Parker some of Connor's old swim trunks. They are all so cute!
He loved the water. He could've stayed in there for hours! We are so excited about the summer and going to the pool!