Friday, January 23, 2009

Parker is 7 weeks old!

Parker turned seven weeks old on Wednesday. You always hear people say that the time goes by fast when you become parents, but it really does fly by. Thankfully, I have already forgotten about how terrible the labor was (amazing at what time will do!) and now I can focus on my sweet little baby boy. His neck is getting stronger and he can hold us head up pretty well now. He'll hold it up for awhile and then it will just flop down...He is still sleeping in his car seat at night because we have to keep his head above his tummy to help with the reflux. He is still having some problems, although the new dosage of meds seem to have helped some this week. We went to the doc one week ago because he was screaming so much during feeding time and we increased his Zantac dosage. At 61/2 weeks he weighed 11.4 pounds. I now he's gained more since last week. He's probably around 12 pounds now. Speaking of his reflux, I just had to throw down the computer and go to him because he was choking. It's a daily occurrence but it still terrifies me. 

I took him on his official first trip out yesterday. The temperature was warmer so I had to get out of the house. We went to CVS, Target, and then we walked at the park. It was nice to be out! We are hoping to make it back to church Sunday! 

5 comments:

Melodie said...

I can't believe he is already 7 weeks old. I can't wait to see you guys back at church. We've missed you! Hope to see you tonight as well!

John and Amanda said...

Reflux is tough. I'm sorry to hear he has it. Caden had it, too and we slept him in his car seat (swaddled, just sitting in it) until he was 8 months old. He was sleeping through the night for us so we just let him sleep in that car seat as long as he wanted! :)

Julie Greenhaw said...

Hey Amanda! Has Caden adjusted to the time change yet? I know that ya'll are glad to be back!

The Chandler Babies said...

I know all about reflux it's terrible!!! Ty slept in his carseat till he was too big for it! It was great to see you today! You look AMAZING!!! I know you are not ready to come back but I miss you down the hall!!!

Julie Greenhaw said...

Today made me realize that I do miss school more than I thought! It's such a great place to work! By the way, you looked so cute today! I love that coat!