Friday, December 5, 2008

We are officially parents!

Well, the moment that we are prayed for has arrived. Parker Holt Greenhaw arrived into the world, Wednesday, December 3 at 2:50 p.m. He weighed 7.5 and he was 21 inches long. He is the most gourgeous baby I have ever seen!

I will write more later because they will be bringing him in soon to nurse but, the delivery went well. I don't think that my epidural took very well, because the pain was intense. I almost didn't get to have the epidural because my platlet count was low and they never did figure out why...

I don't remember much about the end of the delivery because that is when my blood pressure went up....My hands and feet froze and quite working so I do remember being very scared. My blood pressure went to about 205/110 so we weren't allowed to have visitors or talk on the phone. We had to spend the night in labor and delivery and they pumped me FULL of more meds. Since my platelets were low I had to do poticin for four hours after delivery to stimulate contractions to help witht he bleeding. NOT FUN! Anyway, I'll fill you in about all that later.

All that matters is that PARKER is here! We are having to stay and extra day because he is jaundice....We hope to go home tomorrow! Chad wants him to watch his first Alabama game at home!

We love you all!!!

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congratulations Julie!! I am so glad he is here. Sorry to hear about all the complications. I am glad that you are better now, that must have been scary. I cant wait to see little Parker.

Scarlett said...

Congratulations Julie! I know you and Chad are just gleaming all over! What a precious gift from God! I can't wait to meet him! Take care of yourself and rest when you can! :)

Amy said...

YAY! I can't wait to meet him.

"The Activist" said...

prayers have been answered and God is good! We are so excited to get to know the little law firm. He is quite handsome! I am sorry it was hard, but I am glad you are better.
It's been so fun to be in on the whole journey.
We love you guys!

from Ju-
Congratulations Julie...I love you!

Melodie said...

We can't wait to meet him! Sorry we haven't been able to come by but we'll come see you at home soon! I can't believe all that about your delivery story. I'm so glad you're okay now!

Charity said...

Congrats!! I totally relate with the blood pressure thing...mine went up at the doc office which is why they induced me when they did! Very scary! Did they give you Magnesium in your IV?? I had it and it was AWFUL TERRIBLE TORTUROUS!!! I could think of a few more adjectives! I am glad all went well and he is home with you guys! Enjoy every moment! It goes by FAST!!

Kayla said...

I am so glad Parker is here safely and that you are doing well. I hate to hear about all the complications. I can't wait to meet him!!

Julie said...

He is a cutie! We were glad to get to see you all. I didn't want to fight off the grandparents the other day, so we will be coming by to hold that little guy soon!

The Bordens said...

Congrats and can not wait to see pictures, waht a blessed early Christmas gift