Monday, December 1, 2008

The long awaited arrival is almost here!

Well, my appointment was scheduled with Dr. Allen for tomorrow and I was ready to plead my case to go ahead with the induction, however; at school today, I just didn't feel well. I called the office and he had a 3:20 appointment open, so off I went. I had my long list of reasons why he should hurry up and let me have this baby. This past weekend I crossed the line of being uncomfortable to being close to miserable.

As it ends up, I didn't have to use my pity party that I was going to use because my blood pressure had gone up quite a bit so he said it was time to the get the ball rolling. My blood pressure has stayed really low throughoutt he pregnancy but today is was 130/85. The nurse said if the bottom number was 90, we would've gone straight to the hospital. They had me lay down and they rechecked it and it did go down some, so they didn't seem too worried.

I was around 2 1/2 cm and he schedule us to come in to the hospital at 3 am wednesday morning. We can't wait. I am sitting here exhausted but also wide awake at the same time. How do you sleep knowing that you are about to meet your child?? I can't wait to see his face, how big he is, who he looks like.... I haven't been too nervous about the labor part but I have to admit that a little bit of nerves are starting to set in...I haven't been able to sleep much at all the past few nights so I know I need to get some rest. I am offically done with work. Dr. Allen said to stay home tomorrow. I talked to the kids in my class but I do feel a little bit guiltly that I wasn't ableto completely prepare them that it would be my last day. I had a feeling but didn't know for sure.

It just amazes me that the child we are about to bring into the world was conceived in a dish and then cryopreserved (frozen) from the November to March. Wow! Not many people can say that their baby was frozen. The great part is: Parker has too sibliings frozen in a tube now just waiting on us!!

12 comments:

John and Amanda said...

I couldn't sleep the night before my induction either.

Can't wait to see pics of the little man!

Melodie said...

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!! That is so exciting! What a special birthday he might have (it's mine too!!) I can't wait to meet him. You are going to do great Julie! You are strong! Good luck! Keep us updated! We'll come see you soon!

Elizabeth Sloan said...

How exciting! You better post pictures as soon as you get a chance:) Or teach Chad how to.....LOVE YOU!

Scarlett said...

I'm so excited for you and Chad! I understand the not being able to sleep part. I went through that too! Dec. 3rd was my Grandaddy Parker's birthday.......strange and awesome that it will be your Parker's too! Love you!

"The Activist" said...

yea!!!!!!!!!!!
julianna has told everyone she sees that wednesday she gets to meet parker.

see you soon!

Amy said...

I am soooo happy for you guys. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Congratulations, Mom!

Katy said...

They gave me an Ambien at the hospital the night before my induction, and I STILL couldn't sleep.
I can't wait to meet him. I don't even have a gut feeling about what he's going to look like. All I know is that he'll be the most beautiful baby boy in the world!

Julie said...

Yeah Jules!! We will see you soon!!!

Ashley said...

Yeah, Julie! I am so excited for ya'll! It is overwhelming, but wonderful when you get to meet your baby boy! Enjoy every moment!

Kayla said...

Yeahhhhhhh!!!!!! I can't wait to meet little Parker!! Good luck, I'll be praying for you!!

Pam said...

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

The Bowerman Blog said...

I cannot wait to meet little Parker!