Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Krista made me feel bad....:)

Just kidding, Krista but I had been hatin on Krista for not blogging and I really haven't either so I guess I need to get to writing! So much has been going on lately. Chad and I are currently working to get ready for Parker's arrival. The crib and bookshelf are put together, the room has been painted but it needs one more coat. The one thing that is stressing me out though is his closet is a wreck. I can't organize it until Chad is done painting so I am trying to be patient. Didn't we talk about that in Sunday school this week????

I am really starting to "feel" pregnant. My feet are swelling some and by back is hurting at the end of the day. We have tiny chairs in kindergarten and I spend most of my time bending over to help the kids or tie shoes so that doesn't help. I am trying to rest in the evenings though.

I feel as though I am running out of room in my stomach. I feel full quickly and I am not breathing as well, but I will take all of these things for a healthy baby.

This past Sunday was Baby Day at church and it was a wonderful day for many reasons. First, most people standing in the front are friends of ours and it's wonderful to celebrate their children with them. Secondly, last year this time, Chad and I were in the middle of our first IVF cycle. We were "shootin up" hormones every night. We were excited, nervous, and terrified all mixed together. Last years baby day at church the emotions and stress just suddenly took over and I began to sob. I tried to cover it up because I was terribly embarassed but I just could not stop crying. I was happy for my friends, hopeful for our first cycle, but nervous that we would never experience bringing a child into the world. This year was different, we were still able to rejoice with our friends, but we were also able to rejoice with each other at the miracle of our little Parker. He was conceived the last week of October last year and then frozen until the end of March. Amazing, huh? We still have two frozen embryos waiting on us and I think of my frozen "babies" often.

We go tomorrow for our 4D ultrasound and we can't wait. I hope that we are able to get some good pictures. I'll post them, I promise.

Krista, on the next post, I'll complete your challenge....Just ran out of time tonight.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Julie, I am so excited for you and Chad. You have been so amazing through this whole process. I know it had to be hard to watch practically every girl in our class get pregnant, but I could see that even through your struggle, you were genuinely happy for each and every one. I have been so blessed to witness your incredible faith in God. You are going to be such a great mom. I cant wait for little Parker to get here.

Scarlett said...

Ditto what Kimberly said---I can't top that! You look absolutely amazing and you glow with happiness everytime I see you--even though you are getting uncomfortable! I'm just impressed you're able to bend over at all! You deserve a day of pampering! I'll be sure to tell Chad that too! :)

Julie said...

I ditto what Kimberly and Scarlett said. You have always been so interested in everyone elses babies and asking how they were doing. We are soooo exited to meet little Parker! And I am still going to tell him that his middle name is named after me! :)

Melodie said...

Okay, ditto what everyone else said. Me & Will talk about you and Chad often and how you both were always so excited with us. I can't imagine what you have been through but I am just so thankful that Parker will be here soon. It is fun for me to be able to celebrate with you now! We can't wait to meet him (and see your 4-D pics)!

The Chandler Babies said...

Julie
You are just a beautiful person inside and out! I am so excited for you and Chad. I am glad I get to see you everyday and see your cute belly growing. I just wished he would move when I am around!!

Julie Greenhaw said...

Holy cow. I have the best friends in the world. Those comments were undeserved but appreciated. I love you all. And Nina, he's kicking like crazy right now! :)

The Chandler Babies said...

I am just going to stay in your room with my hand on your belly till he moves for me!!! *haha*