Thursday, July 31, 2008

20 things on my mind....

1. I CAN NOT believe that I will have kindergarten students in my classroom Thursday! Where did the summer go?
2. I had my first Braxton Hicks contraction yesterday. Well, I actually had two and it stunned me at first because I didn't know what it was, but boy is it exciting.
3. I love being pregnant. I know that I am "not that big' yet and I will get uncomfortable, but it's such a joy to know that my child is growing inside of me.
4. Parker is wonderful already but he sure was expensive!! (ha-ha)
5. I dread getting up at 5:45 next week. I have been sleeping until 7-7:30 this summer and it has been wonderful.
6. I am so glad that we were able to go back to Peak of the Week last night. We have been gone so much this summer. It's so refreshing.
7. We get our class lists tomorrow and I can't wait to find out who is in my class.
8. I am really sad that my gran (my grandmother) is not hear to enjoy the pregnancy with me. I called her after EVERY doctor's appointment and she was desperate for us to get pregnant.
9. 20 things is hard
10. My mom and dad are redoing their kitchen and it looks so good. My mom still lives in the house she grew up in. She's lived there since she was four. (It still had the original countertops, so it was time for a remodel.)
11. My brother's wedding pictures are now on the Internet and they are beautiful! I can't believe she is married.
12. I love that I will get to be a stay at home mom for 8 months!
13. My 10 year high school reunion is in September and I have no idea what I am going to wear. I'm going to be huge!
14. Speaking of huge, I am in Sara's wedding in August and my dress is skin tight now in the belly. What am I going to do? The dress is pretty just not on a pregnant body.
15. Why do we spend more time with God during a difficult time that during the good times? I felt so close to Him during our treatments and struggles and now that he's answered our prayers, I think I don't need Him as much.....
16. My best friend Raycheal went back to work today after being on maternity leave with her second child. She was really sad this morning and I have been t hinking about her all day.
17. We got my uncle to cut out an opening in the wall between our kitchen and the den. He added a breakfast bar to it and I think it looks pretty good. I am pumped about it!
18. I bought a new maternity shirt today at Target that's cute. I need more clothes for school.
19. I miss Chad today. I am ready for him to come home!
20. Did I say that I can't believe that I go back to work next week!!!

7 comments:

The Chandler Babies said...

Girl you are good! My brain can't even come up with 20 things right now. Especially after our grade level meeting! I am so glad you are having a good pregnancy. By the way you are glowing every time I see you! Love You!

Julie said...

Good post Jules! We are so excited for you guys. We can't wait to meet Parker!!

Kayla said...

Love the blog! Hope you have a good week ;)

Melodie said...

I can't believe school is starting back either. I am so glad that you will have a long maternity leave...Parker and Callan can have playdates (supervised!) while you are off.

The Bowerman Blog said...

The summer has gone by so fast! I can't believe I have one going to kindergarten. I'm so glad he will be right down the hall from you and Aunt Carolyn. Ya'll can keep me informed.
Enjoy the next few months of your pregnancy. Your world is about to change! And you will love it! You'll be the greatest little mommy.

Scarlett said...

I need to get you some of my maternity clothes that I wore with Bonnie. I had her the 27th of November so that's right with your pregnancy season....I'll start pulling things out for you to borrow.

Camron and Martina (Plus One) said...

I'm so excited for you! Sounds like you are really enjoying your pregnancy.