Sunday, June 1, 2008

Update

Ok, it has been brought to my attention today that I have fallen off of the blogging bandwagon! Everything with the pregnancy is going great. We are no longer "high risk"! We saw Dr. Allen two weeks ago and our next appointment is June 16. I don't know what to do with myself not having to go to the doctor. I have been going to the doctor on average every three days for two years so it seems strange not to be going.

I have been feeling pretty good, just so tired. I know most of you can relate. I still don't have an appetite back. I force myself to eat and after dinner is usually when I feel sick. But I still smile when I feel sick because it is all worth it. I think that I am still in shock that we are pregnant. I lived in fear for two years that I would never get to experience the joy of a child growing inside me. I must remind myself daily that it's really true.

Chad has been wonderful. Most days after work I just veg out on the couch. He has picked up the cooking most nights. He's been washing clothes and doing the chores so I can rest. What a man!!!

We just booked a beach trip in June. We figured that we should take a trip for just the two of us one last time before the baby gets here. We booked a condo in Destin for four nights the end of June. We are going back in July to Panama City with his family. They go every year and we look forward to it so we can visit some old friends.

A side note!!!! I agree with Amy and it's wonderful to be out of school for the summer!!! However, we do have AMSTI training for the next two weeks so summer really begins June 13!

5 comments:

Jim said...

A lot of prayers have been answered! Glad to hear it's going so well.

Melodie said...

Glad you are doing so good. Enjoy that last vacation by yourselves!!!

Julie said...

That is awesome that you don't have to go to the doctor all the time now. I know that you are really enjoying that!
Have fun on the beach trips!

Melodie S. said...

I am SO happy for you, as I tell you every time I see you :). I hope the nausea gets better soon. What a sweet hubby you have. Joey was the same way and I loved it. It foretells what a great daddy he will be. The beach sounds great! I have heard several people have a getaway before baby. I think it is called a 'babymoon'.
I would love to go to the beach. Joey's family had a condo for 12 years, Joey got burned out on going. AMSTI isn't too bad, I promise.

"The Activist" said...

i wish our paths would cross in florida! i'm glad you've planned a trip - "babymoon" is a good one.

i think we are already missing you - once a day julianna asks "what's mg doing right now?"

asti training - does that stand for another stupid teacher inservice?

looking forward to our chuck e cheese time...you can help me survive it. seriously though, many prayers are being sent up for you both. you have a neat perspective on it! i can't wait to meet that baby.