Monday, May 5, 2008

Things that I am loving right now!

So far, I have been sooo blessed to not have any morning sickness. Every once in awhile I feel sick in the evening but that has been better the past week, however; food that used to be good to me are not appealing at all right now. It's the weirdest thing. I can be starving but I won't be able to think of anything that sounds good to me. But there are a few foods that I am loving right now and they are:

1. Arby's beef and cheddar: I really wanted one tonight but I did good and I resisted, because I can't go there and not get curly fries
2. Subway-I ate an Italian BMT tonight and it was great!
3. Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches

Other things I love about being pregnant:
1. I always have an excuse to take a nap.
2. I don't have to suck in my belly fat because it's ok now that I"m pregnant!
3. That my baby is growing everyday! Truly amazing!
4. My amazing friends are always asking me about how I am doing. So sweet.
5. It's an excuse to "splurge" and eat what I am craving.
Unfortunately, you can see from the foods I'm loving now that I am not craving and fruits and veggies. Maybe later.

I forgot to add this a week or two ago. A little girl in my room who is very "animated" came up to me with a very curious look on her face. She said, "Mrs. Greenhaw, are you having a baby?" (I had not made a formal announcement to my class, but most had picked up on it.) I answered yes and she looked up and said, "Oh, good, well, who's the daddy?" :)

6 comments:

Elizabeth Sloan said...

How funny! The things kids say....

"The Activist" said...

that maggie - she cracks me up.

just remember that if you need someone to help you monitor your food intake, you can always borrow julianna. :)

i always say that your first pregnancy memories are the best...ignorance is bliss and all. but it is such a special time to realize you are growing a person inside of you! that's such an amazing gift from God!

Melodie said...

That's hilarious what the little girl said. I loved the excuse of eating whatever I wanted too! I had a great pregnancy too so I loved it! Enjoy it!

Melodie S. said...

I am so happy for you!!! Isn't it awesomely amazing. I loved all those things you mentioned. Subway was the thing I craved the most. Oh and since you brought it up....Who is the daddy? lol

Julie said...

How cute! It is funny what goes through little kids minds. I am with you on the cravings. Isn't it funny how you never crave what is good for you. I wonder why that is? My new thing is Mooo Tracks ice cream by Blue Bell. You need to try that. Actually, don't unless you want to get hooked!

John and Amanda said...

One of my favorite parts of pregnancy (especially early on) was the not having to suck in belly fat, too!! :) Now, post baby my stomach muscles havent' been used in a year and a half+ ... not so much fun anymore!! :)
Enjoy it!! Oh, and I never had morning sickness or cravings really, but I used the cravings excuse to indulge.. I made TONS of Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini bread so that atleast when I did indulge it included vegetables!! :)