Thursday, May 8, 2008

Our first scare

Well, I am really tired so I will give more details later, but Chad and I just got home from the emergency room. While Chad was with the guys for Guys Night Out, I starting bleeding and having really bad cramps. My mom was with me and we rushed down to the emergency room. They did an ultrasound and thankfully the baby is ok! We got to see the heartbeat again and we heard it for the first time. The nurse did see some blood on the screen and determined that I have a subchorionic hemorrage. They are fairly common but can cause some problems. The doctor put me on bed rest for two days. I don't have to stay in the bed, but I do need to take it easy. If the hemorrage grew it could cause problems to the baby. Another highlight to the night was that it took four different nurses to draw blood. They all keep sticking me over and over but couldn't get any blood. It was no fun and I am all bruised up now. We are thrilled but exhausted from the worry. Poor Chad and to rush out from the Guys Night Out Dinner. I kept worrying about who was stuck paying for his meal. :) Sweet Jud was so kind to Chad. Thanks to all the guys for praying for us. We are so blessed to have such a loving support group.

6 comments:

Scarlett said...

So glad everything's okay.......try to take it easy now. Love you! :)

John and Amanda said...

Glad everything is ok!! Whew! Being pregnant is stressful, but even more so when you've gone through SO much to get there...

Julie said...

I was so glad to hear that everything was ok. You be sure and take it easy. See you soon!

The Bowerman Blog said...

We are so thankful this morning that you and the baby are okay. We said prayers with our kids last night for ya'll.

Melodie said...

So glad to hear the good news. Take it easy!! We are still praying for you, Chad, and baby G. Love you!

Kimberly said...

I was so scared for you when Jack told me that Chad left early. I am so glad to hear that everything is okay. Take it easy. We will be praying for you and the baby.