Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Yes, it's true!

Ok, after going to church I realized that my peeps read by blog so I better get writing! :) Yes, the news is true, Chad and I are expecting! I know that I did not post about our second attempt. One reason is we kept getting discouraging news as we were trying to do another transfer. My lining was too thin, or the office was closed for spring break, etc. We started visting the doctor again over a month ago. We had four frozen embryos that were waiting on us. We planned on transfering two embryos this time, since one did not work for us the first time. The morning you go for the transfer they update you on the progress of the "thawing" of the embryos. We were nervous as we drove to Birmingham because we knew there was a chance that they would not survive. Thankfully, the first two they thawed out survived so we were able to keep the other two frozen for a later transfer. It's really an amazing procedure. You lay on the table and check to make sure you have a full bladder. When the doctor comes in and she gets everything ready, she calls the embryologist (?) to come in the room with the embryos. She comes in with them in the surenge (?) sorry, I can't spell, and they shoot them into your uterus through a catheder. It's amazing and Chad could see it on the screen because they keep the ultrasound thing on my stomach so Dr. HOnea can watch what she is doing on the screen. It's an emotional moment to see those babies floating where they need to be. Our doctor is amazing and she prayed with us after she transfer them because she realizes that at that point, it's ALL in the hands of the Lord. You have to lay on the table for about fifteen minutes and then you are free to go.

The ten day wait is the hardest part of it all. I went in for bloodwork on Monday and they check your HCG levels, progestrone and estrogen. My HCG level was high at 191 so they said that I was, "Very pregnant!" . My progestrone looked good also at 56.6. My progestrone is always low, usually around .4 so that number is amazing for me!

I will still continue injections every night, along with lots of pills. We just pray and need everyone else to continue to pray for the pregnancy. We only had a 20% chance of getting pregnant this time and we are still considered high risk. Please pray that my progestrone levels stay up. We are so excited and we appreciate everyone being excited with us. We know and completly understand that it is very early and things could still go wrong but we are stepping out on faith that the Lord will protect us and our baby (or babies). Thank you for all of the prayers, hugs, and support. Chad and I have felt your love and support throughout the entire ordeal.

I go to the doctor again MOnday for more bloodwork. I will go to the doctor every Monday until they release me to a regular OB. How exciting to go to a regular doctor!!!

Love you all!!!

10 comments:

Elizabeth Sloan said...

Congratulations! This is such exciting news....please keep us upadated on your progress on the blog...I'm thrilled to be praying for Baby Greenhaw!

Tara and Felix said...

Congratulations and I will be praying! I am Elizabeth's friend, Tara, from Atlanta. I know you must be so happy :)
Tara Verdigets

Julie said...

We are still just so excited for you guys! We will continue to pray for you as well. Keep the updates coming b/c yes we do still check. :)

Amy said...

i have tears in my eyes after reading your story- and i already knew you were pregnant! i'm such a sap! congratulations...such an understatement! you will be wonderful parents! you'll be in my prayers.

Ali said...

Congrats Julie, I know ya'll are so excited! Twins would be fun!! David and I will be thinking about you both!

Kimberly said...

Julie, I am SOOO excited for you and Chad. You will definitely be in my prayers. This news is so great.

"The Activist" said...

glad you posted...we are so excited for you all. what great parents you will be!

Alyson said...

Julie,

Word travels quickly, all the way to Timbuktu! Praise God! You and Chad have been on my list ever since January when I made a new prayer journal! Know that every Wednesday you are being lifted up!Lots of love from the Lansfords!

Sara

John and Amanda said...

Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you guys!! Keep the updates coming!

Melodie said...

Yeah for new posts!! Will & I are so excited for you both. We pray for you often! I can't wait to hear all about your doctor's visits. It was so nice getting the whole story on your blog. I'm so excited that you'll be adding ANOTHER baby to our class!