Monday, April 21, 2008

We saw the heartbeat!

Well, the title gives it away. We only saw one heartbeat therefore; we are pregnant with one precious child. Seeing the heartbeat on such a tiny thing was amazing. When she said there was one, I could see the worry leave Chad's face. We are so excited and blessed to be expecting our first child. My mom had a dream that it's a girl so we'll have to see. My due date is December 10, which was actually my due date when my mom was pregnant with me. Wierd, huh?

I need to go. The roofers are banging on the roof now. They are all classy gentlemen, I should add. So much for my afternoon nap. I don't know what I am going to do at work tomorrow. I have gotten spoiled this week taking naps.

I'll try to scan the ultrasound pics later and post them.

8 comments:

Scarlett said...

We're so proud for you! John laughed when I read your blog out loud about Chad's worry leaving his face. He was thinking along the lines of Chad being relieved that there weren't 5 in there! :) And yes--those roofers can be sketchy! Lock your doors! HAHA!

Elizabeth Sloan said...

One precious Baby Greenhaw.....I'm so happy for you!

Julie said...

How exciting Jules!! My due date is the same date that my mom was due with me also. How crazy is that??!! However, I came about 3 wks late so hopefully that won't happen to me! :)

Melodie said...

Yeah!!!! One baby is perfect!! I am so happy for you both! Will and I have been waiting to see this post all day! Congrats!!

"The Activist" said...

well it's a relief you won't have to borrow the church's 15 passenger van anytime soon :)

julianna say's she's hoping for a girl...so maybe between her little prayers and your mom's dreams, we will see pink soon.

december 10th - i think that's riley killen's birthday.

anyhow, yaahoo and congrats. tell chad he can only worry about one thing at a time :)

Amy said...

yay! congratulations!!!

melodie said...

I am so excited for you and your family. Oh and I am especially excited for Uncle Craig and Aunt Shea Shea! I nearly cried when I read that you saw the heartbeat. Just hold out these next few weeks of school and then it will be naps galore! Congrats! Melodie Smith

Meredith said...

I'm so thrilled for y'all!! I just heard the news last week! What an exciting time!