Monday, October 29, 2007

Embryo Transfer

Well, the day finally arrived, but unfortunately, it was surrounded with lots of saddness. My grandmother broke her her last week and she developed an infection and she was moved into ICU early Sunday morning. Of course, I spent the entire day at the hospital sneaking into her room when the green light was on. She was unaware of us for most of the day but she did wake up once, for me of course! :) My grandmother and I were very close. I just kept saying,"Gran, wake up, tomorrow is my big day!" She opened her eyes and said, Hey Jules, I love you! She raised her hand in excited about our embryo transfer today. She never woke back up again. I left the hospital at 8 because my stomach wasn't taking the stress of the day very well. End up, that i had a stomach virus and I threw up literally all night, 36 times to be exact. My mother called me around 5:30 am to tell me the news that my grandmother passed away. We called my doctor and she said that I still needed to come even though I was still getting sick at 5:30 this morning. It was a LONG day of feeling terrible but we had our embryo transfer finally happened this afternoon. We transfered one embryou. We planned on two but we only had three to freeze and if we used up two and we do not achieve pregnancy, we would have had to do the shots all over again because they will not thaw only one embryo. THis time is very bittersweet. I know that my grandmother would be so excited today and I know that she is with me. It will be hard for me though because she was so excited about the possibility of Chad and I having a baby. I appreciate the support and prayers. I am going to attempt work tomorrow but I am in pain and still sick to my stomach so we will see. Gran's service will be Wednesday. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.

7 comments:

Julie said...

We are so sorry about your grandmother. Congrats on the IVF yesterday.

Melodie said...

Julie, I am so sorry to hear that Gran passed away! Please let us know if we can do anything for you or your family. I'm so excited about the implantation Monday and we will pray for good results. I'm sorry you were sick! That is not a good feeling!

Kimberly said...

Julie, we will be praying for you and your family.

Amy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Please keep us posted on your progress. I think about you often!

Charity said...

Oh Julie! Bless your heart! The stomach bug thing is horrible!! I am so sorry about your Gran. Good look on the IVF! Hang in there!

HRich said...

Julie- I know what it feels like to go through a stressful time while trying to keep your body healthy. You take care of yourself and know that the Lord will protect you. I am so sorry about your loss. What a sad time for you. Luckily this is not the only life we have!! PRAISE GOD! Love you girl.

Gena said...

you've been in my prayers.