Saturday, September 22, 2007

We're back on track!

Ok, after a well deserved break, we are back on track to begin our IVF cycle. I am in the beginning stages of the cycle. For the first three weeks, you have to use birth control. I have a conference with Janet, my IVF coordinator on Wednesday and I will get more information then. I should start my injections again next Monday. We will begin the Follistim injections at 125 IU's a night for however long it takes. In the previous cycles, I have had no growth in my follicles so we are hoping and praying that 125 units will be the magic number. Dr. Honea fears that if she goes to high to quickly, my ovaries can hyper stimulate and there are some serious side effects and complications that can arise. An IVF cycle is long and grueling but we are very excited to begin. This past year has been long and we are ready to move on to do what we need to do to have our baby! Please pray specifically that 125 IU's will be the correct dosage so I do not have to give my self injections for long periods of time. I never thought I would be able to give myself a shot, but when you are put in a situation like ours, you will do anything. Chad and I are diffently stronger now. Thanks for checking up on us!

1 comment:

Candice.June said...

Dear Heavenly Father, Please let 125 IU's be the correct dosage so Julie doesn't have to give self injections for long periods of time. Thank you for your faithfulness, grace & mercy in every aspect of our lives- even when we don't see it.




I love you Julie & think about you and Chad all the time. You are in mine and my husband's prayers!