Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Video Conference

Chad and I went to Huntsville this morning for a video conference with our doctor. We left tired because she gave us a lot of new information. She has decided to up my follistim dose to 125 units a night. She said that most women would have responded to the amount of medicine I have already taken. She is worried that when we do find the right dose, it's going to explode. Not literally, but she's worried about multiple eggs developing. That is a huge risk considering the dose of the medicine. If it works and I have some follicles grow, Chad and I will have to make some serious decisions quickly. If I have more than three follicles grow and my estrogen is high, Dr. Honea suggested that we convert to an IVF cycle. They would go in and retrieve the eggs. We would implant 2-3 a cycle. If we only have 2 or 3 follicles grow, Chad and I will probably just hold off IVF and hope and pray that we get pregnant "on our own." If my follicles are at 1.5, Chad will give me the HCG shot and it triggers ovulation. We only have a 10% chance of getting pregnant this way. If we convert to IVF, we have about a 50% chance. The odds are much better, but it comes at a steep price. We will just have to wait and see how my body responds. I think that I will be going back to the doctor on Friday for an ultrasound/bloodwork. I should start injections that night. I hope that this isn't too confusing. It's hard to write down all of the details.

5 comments:

Melodie said...

You know we will continue to pray for you and Chad. God's plan is tricky sometimes isn't it! We had a great time with you two this weekend. I'm so thankful you are both a part of our group and CrossPoint. Hang in there!

Julie said...

We are praying for you guys as well. Let us know if there is anything that we can do.

momx2 said...

Good luck Julie, I had no idea. I will be praying for you guys~

Scarlett said...

I will continue to pray for you Julie. I can't imagine how you feel right now. We love you and hope your dreams come true. If you need to talk or anything at all, let me know.

Candice June said...

Julie, I really appreciate you posting these blogs... I can't speak for anyone else but these blogs- and you- have really helped me put my faith where it belongs lately. God is good all the time. Love you.